16th December 1971 the day of the demise of two nation theory

Fall of Dhaka: Independence of Bengalis

by Zulfiqar Halepoto, Hyderabad, Sindh

16th December 1971 was the day of the demise of two nation theory, a fake theory to control a land under the so-called ideology of one Muslim nation.

Bengalis fought against the illegal, unconstitutional and immoral domination of civil and military establishment of West Pakistan. A very progressive federating unit brawled against the political and economic disparities. Bengalis refused to live a slaves’ life.

We still have time to save rest of the Pakistan by accepting the fact that Pakistan is made of five historical nations and centuries old civilizations. Rest of the country should declare Sindh, Punjab, Pukhtoonkhwa and Balochistan as sovereign federating units as promised in 23 March, 1940 Lahore resolution.

December 16th is a day of inspiration to fight against the civil and military establishments/ dictatorships, who want to make us a garrison state, and we have to continue our struggle to make Pakistan a true federation.

To read more about Bangladesh – Wikipedia

Courtesy: Sindhi e-lists.

—–

– More about Fall of Dhaka – BBC urdu

One thought on “16th December 1971 the day of the demise of two nation theory”

  1. The Quaid must be turning in his grave upon watching the manipulation of his creation by the elite nexus of Generals-Jaagirdaars-Industrialists. His ghost must be mourning at the sight of Sunnis killing Shias, and seeing Ahmadiyaas getting discriminated, of minorities getting decimated.
    He must be sulking at having to watch Muslims in India propser as part a secular nation, the kind which he had envisaged Pakistan to be.
    The Two Nation Theory is a total farce. The logic of Two-Nations states that Hindus and Muslims are two distinct blocks. It totally misses the fact that these blocks are further sub-divided into so many little pieces, that none of them can be joined together to form those Two Blocks. Those two blocks never existed, they are just a figment of imagination.

    If the entire 1.6 Billion Population of the sub-continent is divided into religio-political groups, it will reveal the following groups:
    450 million Upper Caste Hindus
    250 million Lower Caste Hindus, who are totally unaligned with the Upper Castes
    450 million Sunni Muslims
    200 million Shia Muslims, who are largely unaligned with the Sunnis.
    200 million Dalits, who are totally atheist, and unaligned with any of the above.
    The rest Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, etc.
    And furthermore all these groups listed above are sliced and diced into more linguistic and distinct geographic sub-groups.
    In India, every 2% of the population is different from the other 98%. But all those different 2% pieces added together have created the largest secular democratic republic of the world.

    A truly secular democratic nation of the above composition could never have been an anathema to any single group. The power of democracy would have ensured that no single group ever becomes dominant. It would have accorded equal rights and statuses to every individual, as has been largely achieved in a secular India. It also would have created the largest economic block in the world, far more superior, powerful and prosperous than any other country.

    Unfortunately, historical hindsight is always going to be 20/20. What has been done cannot be undone. If the people of the subcontinent want to prosper,
    they must cease all differences and create a tightly knit economic block which will ensure that the true potential of this region is brought to fruition.

By using this service you agree not to post material that is obscene, harassing, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable. Although IAOJ does not monitor comments posted to this site (and has no obligation to), it reserves the right to delete, edit, or move any material that it deems to be in violation of this rule.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s