By Dr Ali Akbar Dhakan
As a loyal citizen and well wisher of Pakistan I have the following concerns on the NRO judgment.
The decision of the honorable court of Pakistan against NRO is the first of its kind in the judiciary history in Pakistan that was praised and appreciated by all within the country and also in foreign countries. Apparently in a paradigm it has been thought out that it has shown the sense of honesty and justice to establish check and balance and make a lesson for upper class of people to become honest in their dealings and to improve the standard of poor people of Pakistan by rooting out the corrupt practices and make the country and people of Pakistan prosperous and well off.
But there is a perception that due to the specifics of judges towards some individuals, the verdict is creating the following conjunctions :
(1) It means the honorable court has rejected the restoration as CJ of Pakistan because the CJ were sworn by the present President of Pakistan and approved by the present Prime Minister and National Assembly of Pakistan .
(2) It means the honorable court has rejected the present setup of Government which got existence through the NRO which means that the concept of reconciliation has been canceled and the situation of the system of Government before the NRO has been established or the dictator`s regime has been established.
(3) Through NRO , the President was sworn by the then CJ which has also been rejected .
(4) The Prime Minister who was taken Oath by the President has also been rejected.
(5) All the MNAs, MPAs, CMs and Senators took Oath from the PM and Provincial Governors who have been rejected by the decision.
(6) It means that after cancellation of NRO, all the prevalent system of Government and institutions has been canceled and rejected.
(7) All the Political leaders who were in exile returned to Pakistan due to NRO and without NRO, their return would have been impossible .
(8) The elections held in the country through which the organization of the present Governance and democratic institutions would have also been impossible.
(9) How to compensate the political leaders who faced all sorts of media trials, punishment and imprisonment before NRO verdict.
DR ALI AKBAR DHAKAN
CHAIRMAN, SINDH DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION,
A-106 SHANTI NAGAR DALMIA KARACHI-12