Tag Archives: Sindhi Resources

Sindh: A Tale of Exploitation and Discrimination

By Khalid Hashmani, McLean, Virginia, USA
.. It is quite clear from the “Wealthy Sindh’s Poor people” report that Sindh and Sindhis have not received their fair share in .. Pakistan and it is imperative that the inequities pointed out in the article must be addressed immediately before Sindhis completely loose their trust and the sense of ownership in the entity of Pakistan.
According to the 1998 census, the report says 51.2% of Sindh’s population lives in rural areas and remaining 48.8% live in Metropolitan/Municipal Corporations, Municipal Committees and Town Committees. The following key points from the report clearly show that Sindhis have suffered considerable exploitation and discrimination that must come to an end:
Sindh’s Resources and Contributions:

Continue reading Sindh: A Tale of Exploitation and Discrimination

Sindh – NFC and Resource distribution

Resource distribution

By: ZULFIQAR HALEPOTO, Hyderabad, Sindh

Courtesy: daily Dawn, Saturday, 22 Aug, 2009

THE newly reconstituted National Finance Commission has been empowered to make recommendations on matters of sales tax on services (CE mode), examine the question of rationalisation of payment of royalties on crude oil and of surcharge on natural gas collected by the federal government and to develop a mechanism that can enforce fiscal discipline at federal and provincial levels.

Continue reading Sindh – NFC and Resource distribution