The language of the talk show is urdu (Hindi).
Courtesy: → Geo Tv News (Capital Talk with Hamid Mir, 9th Sept, 2011)
by Ansar Abbasi ↔ THE NEWS
ISLAMABAD: One of the most dangerous alleged target killers, who confessed to have killed many, including police officers in Karachi, has reportedly claimed his association with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s “militant wing”, and has named Dr Imran Farooq as the contact person for many party militants. He further said that Ajmal Pahari was one of the MQM’s men.
Arrested and interrogated in 2010 before the murder of Dr Imran Farooq, the accused target killer, Muhammad Ishtiaq, alias Salman, alias Police Wala, confessed before the Joint Interrogation Team comprising representatives of the ISI, IB, Rangers, CID, Sindh Police and Special Branch, as reported in an official document, that Ajmal Pahari (who was arrested recently in Karachi and is alleged to have been involved in the killing of 100 people) also belongs to the MQM.
– Another judge refuses to hear Afaq`s petition
KARACHI, July 25: The petition of Afaq Ahmed, the chairman of the Mohajir Qaumi Movement, better known as MQM-Haqiqi, seeking protection against political victimisation and prosecution in false cases could not be heard on Monday as another judge of the Sindh High Court refused to proceed with the matter.
Justice Ahmed Ali M. Shaikh told Mr Afaq`s counsel that he could not proceed with the petition.
Earlier, Justice Mohammed Athar Saeed had refused to proceed with Mr Ahmed`s petition that was transferred to another judge, Tufail H. Ebrahim.
However, the petition was later transferred to Justice Shaikh after the resignation of Justice Ebrahim. ….
Read more → DAWN.COM
Must Watch – George Galloway Blasts MQM & Altaf Husain in the British Parliament.
The language of the speech is urdu (Hindi).
To watch other parts of Goga Bhai → SIASAT.PK
Although every one is shocked by the daring attack by Taliban on a Naval Air base in Karachi, an article in DAWN titled “Armed gangs outnumber police in Karachi” provides eye-opening statistics about other armed groups (http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/23/armed-gangs-outnumber-police-in-karachi.html in the same city. According to the newspaper this assessment is by an American official. The article The following are some key data quoted in the article:
1. Sunni Tehreek (ST), organized itself on the lines of MQM and created a very strong armed group that is organized in small teams with commanders in many parts of Karachi. The article says that “it is disproportionately powerful because of the influx of MQM-H gunmen.”
2. There are several areas in Karachi where police would not enter and ISI folks show reluctance to go to those areas.
3. MQM is the largest such armed group with 10,000 active armed personnel and another 25,000 organized as a reserve force.
4. MQM-H has very strong armed presence in Landhi and Korangi.
5. The report says that although traditional PPP has avoided having any armed wing in Karachi, a significant number of licensed and unlicensed licenses are being being obtained by PPP workers and its armed presence in Karachi will soon rival to that of MQM.
6. The Awami National Party (ANP) has a large cache of personal weapons and soon Karachi will become the “the largest Pashtun city in the world.” The report further says that the “hard-line’ Pashtuns in the Sohrab Goth neighborhood.”
It is a very dark assessment that if true does not bode well for the future of Sindh and it’s capital city of Karachi.