At least 40 dead after explosion in Lahore park: Hospital sources

BY DAWN.COM

LAHORE: An explosion occurred in Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park of Iqbal Town on Sunday evening, killing at least 40 people and injuring over 200, hospital sources said.

In conflicting figures, Iqbal Town Superintendent of Police Dr Muhammad Iqbal said the explosion has resulted in 53 deaths.

He added that this was a suicide attack and took place at a children’s park, where a large number of families, especially women and children, were present on a Sunday evening.

The area is a renowned residential area of Lahore. The blast was just outside the exit gate and a few feet (metres) away from the children’s swings.

Edhi sources said at least 200 are confirmed injured in the attack so far.

‘Dead bodies everywhere’

Eye witnesses said there were pools of blood and scattered body parts in the park.

An eyewitness, talking to DawnNews, said dead bodies and injured were on the ground everywhere.

Read more » DAWN
See more » http://www.dawn.com/news/1248259

More details » BBC urdu
http://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan/2016/03/160327_lahore_gulshan_iqbal_blast_sh

 

Advertisements

One thought on “At least 40 dead after explosion in Lahore park: Hospital sources”

By using this service you agree not to post material that is obscene, harassing, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable. Although IAOJ does not monitor comments posted to this site (and has no obligation to), it reserves the right to delete, edit, or move any material that it deems to be in violation of this rule.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s