‘More than 20 dead’ in suicide bomb blasts in Iran

More than 20 people have been killed and scores injured in a suspected twin suicide bomb attack at a Shia mosque in Iran, officials say. Iranian state media said at least 100 were hurt in the blasts outside the Jamia mosque in the south-eastern city of Zahedan. The attacks, in a largely Sunni area, were the work of suicide bombers, the reports said. Members of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guard were reportedly among the dead.

The city, capital of Sistan-Baluchistan province, has been targeted before by the Sunni rebel group Jundullah (Soldiers of God), whose leader Abdolmalek Rigi was hanged last month. Al-Arabiya television station said it had received an e-mail purporting to be from Jundullah, saying the group had carried out Thursday’s attacks in response to the execution of Mr Rigi.

Read more >> BBC

By using this service you agree not to post material that is obscene, harassing, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable. Although IAOJ does not monitor comments posted to this site (and has no obligation to), it reserves the right to delete, edit, or move any material that it deems to be in violation of this rule.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s