Peoples Forum on NFC: organized by NFC Action Committee Sindh
Report by: Nasir Arain, Coordinator NFC Action Committee Sindh
NFC Action Committee Sindh in collaboration with Karachi Press Club andf civil society organizations; organized the Peoples Forum on NFC on August 23, 2009 in Karachi Press Club. All major political parties and civil society organizations participated and resolved to raise voice jointly for Sindh Case on NFC and rights of other smaller federating units of Pakistan. The participants resolved to coordinate with political parties and civil society organizations all over Pakistan especially in Balochistan and PakhtoonKhwa. The participants recommended to PML (N) central leadership to understand and support the stance and standpoint of smaller provinces on NFC.
Following persons and representatives of political parties and civil society organizations spoke in the Peoples Forum:
Jam Maddad Ali Khan leader of opposition in Sindh Assembly, Senator Mir Hasul Bizenjo from Balochistan, Taj Haider of PPP, Zain Ansari opf PML-N, Ali Hassan Chandio of Sindh Taraqi Passand Party, Amin Khattack of Awami National Party, Dr. Hassan Nasir of Awami Party Pakistan, Yousuf Masti Khan of National Workers Party, Hashim Khoso of Jeay Sindh Mahaz, Punhal Sario of Sindh Hari Porhiat Council, Syed muhammad Ali shah of Pakistan Fisher Folk Forum, Syed Shah Muhammad Shah of Save Sindh Movement, Legal experts Barrister Zamir Ghumro, Mujeeb Pirzado, Qazi Jawed, Younis Mahar, Munir Memon, Adam Malik, Elahi Baksh Baloch, Amanullah Shaikh, Mustafa Lakho and others and put forward sevral suggestions to mobilize people on demand for justice with Sindh and all other provinces.
Following decisions were taken on the occasion;
1. People will write letters through email and faxes to Minister Finance, Prime Minister, President and major parliamentary leaders to demand due rights of Sindh and all other provinces.
2. Columnists, writers and intellectuals will write articles on NFC and Sindh Case.
3. All participants themsleves will write lettesr to editors on NFC and also will convince other people to write on NFC
4. Delegations will meet to parliamentary leaders and other political leaders.
5. After consultation with all political parties and civil society groups the protest campaign of Hunger Strikes and demonstrations all over Sindh, will be announced within week.
6. The participants resolved to protest demonstration on the day of NFC meeting in Islamabad.
7. A meeting of experts and technocrates will be convened in First week of September.
8. Next meeting of NFC Action Committee Sindh will be convened in second week of September to review the mobilization campaign.
On the occasion the participants issued an appeal to people of Sindh and all over Pakistan to join and support the campaign of NFC Action Committee Sindh for fiscal justice and rights of Sindh and other provinces.
A number of civil society organizations, trade unions, political activists and concerned individual attended and participated the Forum.
Nasir Arain, Coordinator