London,: World Sindhi Congress ( WSC ) is organising their 20th International Conference titled ‘Sovereignty of Sindh for World Peace ’on Saturday, 3rd October 2009, in London, UK. The conference will be held at Kingsley Hall, Powis Road , London E3 3HJ UK.
In light of the growing radicalization and overt violation of human rights by both the Pakistani military and Taliban, the 21st International Conference on Sindh will explore how a sovereign, democratic and secular Sindh could counteract the spread of Talibanization and military dictatorship in Pakistan and surrounding region. The conference aims to address the following issues:
· Current political situation in Pakistan
· Right of self-determination
· Fundamentalism and religious extremism
· Women’s rights and social justice in Pakistan
· Violations of human rights
· Failure of state to provide safety and security to all the people
· Peace and stability in South Asia
· Financial Aid for Pakistan and Human Rights
· State of Democracy
· State Aggression against Baloch and Sindhi Nations in Pakistan
The conference will work to channel the voice of oppressed Sindhi people, the international human rights groups and the concerns of the international community in order to put pressure on Pakistan ’s establishment to comply with the UN charter of human rights and respond positively to the democratic struggles of Sindhi and Baloch nations.