By: Dr Ali Akbar Dhakan
This is apropos of Qazi Bashir Ahmed’s highly commendable proposal “Distribution of resources” (18 June) regarding uplifting underdeveloped areas of Sindh which otherwise contribute substantially to the prosperity of country by providing oil and natural gas. I would like to add that provincial government should also consider following few suggestions which, if put into operation at the right earnest will bring further improvement in the deprived regions.
- Refineries may be established at the places where oil/gas is found or excavated so as to reduce the cost.
- The people of the area may be preferred for recruitment which will not only reduce unemployment in the backward areas but lesson the burden on big cities.
- Necessary arrangement for training and on the job vocational guidance may be arranged there by the oil/gas companies to develop expertise.
- Industrial estates may be established with necessary civil amenities like educational institutions up to university level, health centers, hospitals, Roads, Transport, shopping centers may also be setup.
5. Credit facilities for house building, industrial development, agriculture, business may be provided especially for the said areas.
6. Coordination committees may be setup to develop social, economic and environmental relationship between all the workers, staff members etc.
DR. ALI AKBAR M. DHAKAN
SHANTI NAGAR, DALMIA KARACHI,